Sunday, February 14, 2010

Psalm 139

While I don't have much in the way of an update, I feel the need to write...A dear friend (Katey) handed me a piece of paper on Monday with a few Bible verses on it and Psalm 139 very much struck me.  The first 6 verses of the Psalm are:

 1O LORD, you have searched me and known me!  
2You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
   you discern my thoughts from afar.
3You search out my path and my lying down
   and are acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before a word is on my tongue,
   behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
5You hem me in, behind and before,
   and lay your hand upon me.
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
   it is high; I cannot attain it.

To me this is so encouraging - our God knows us, comes in front of us and makes a path for us.  This includes our son Cash.  This was connected by Pastor Mark's sermon today in which he said that God answers every one of our prayers with a 'Yes', 'No', or 'Maybe', but he does answer our prayers according to His will.  Now more than ever I am striving to understand that He knows Cash, well before we met him.  He has set a path for Cash and as verse 6 indicates, His knowledge is greater than I can ever understand - I have to trust God with his precious gift to us.

Four days after the biopsy, Cash has improved each day.  He still says 'mama', 'daddy', 'more', and hasn't forgotten how to tell his brother 'No!!!!'.  He's adapted to eating with his left hand (his right side has been affected by the tumor) and Jack Jr. tells anyone and everyone that gets near Cash that they need to keep their distance because of his stitches...he's very protective...:-)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog for a beautiful boy. I am in tears just reading these posts. The photos, the verse, the HOPE! I love that Jack Jr. is so protective of his little bro. What a good boy, and good brother! Love to you all. Big hugs to you, dear friends. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack and Wendi,

    Your testimony of faith has ministered to so many. Thank you for your words and for sharing your sorrow with all of us. My seventh and eighth grade students have been praying for Cash. In history class this week we are studying the Christian martyrs of the first three centuries after Christ's resurrection. Your faith in the face of losing your son reminds me of these heroes and heroines who, like you, refused to deny their Lord in the midst of suffering. May God strengthen you and Cash in these sacred days. You have been an encouragement to our family and to my students and to so many others. We praise God for Cash's life and for his faithful parents!
    "The LORD your God is with you,
    he is mighty to save.
    He will take great delight in you,
    he will quiet you with his love,
    he will rejoice over you with singing.”Zephaniah 3:17

    Wendy (Hensley) Tamminga

    ReplyDelete