Tomorrow afternoon Cash, Jeremy, and I are flying to Houston - Cash and I will be down there for approximately 7-8 weeks and while I'm terribly sad to leave, I know it is a critical part of Cash's treatment. I don't think it will sink in how long we'll be gone until a few days from now and it will be really difficult when Wendi goes into labor. I did set the Mac's up with iChat so we'll be able to talk and hopefully we can set the laptops up when she goes into labor, it would be a long-distance delivery of sorts I guess.
Today was a great day with lots of family and friends stopping by to say hi and pray for us. Josh's two sons stepped up to the Cuts for Cash Barber Seat today and let me cut their hair. They did great and I'm proud of them for doing it for Cash:
I already have at least 5 or 6 contacts of people in Houston that have offered to help out in any way they can. I'll certainly be blogging about these families and individuals when we're down there - they don't even know us but I'm certain we'll make lasting friendships while we're down there. I'm already looking forward to when Wendi, Jack Jr., and son #3 can join us in Houston - they should get clearance to fly after the newborn is 3 weeks old or so, which puts them there in about 5 or 6 weeks.
Here are things that you can be praying for over the next few days and weeks:
1. Safe travel for us and all who will be coming back and forth (Jeremy, my mom and dad, Wendi's dad, etc.),
2. Safe and healthy delivery of our 3rd son (he already has a name but I'm holding it close until he's born),
3. That God is with the doctors and staff at MD Anderson and uses them to help Cash during his radiation treatments,
4. That Cash's tumor shrinks with radiation and he regains some of his movement to his right side,
5. Continue to pray for healing in a miraculous way and ultimately that God's glory shines through this journey.
Thank you as always for your prayers and support and have a blessed Sabbath!